This is a fun and laid back, play with your dog class! While we DO work on musical freestyle skills, it is all done in a relaxed non-judgemental environment.
We will practice the exercises to compete in Rally-FreE & Cyber Rally-o Dance Division. You can view specifics at each of those sports websites:
However, we might try a little square dance, or drill team on occassion also.
- Improves basic obedience skills – sit, down, stay, come
- Helps your dog learn to ignore distractions and stay attentive to you
- Learn how to teach both simple and fancy tricks – such as circle handler, spins, flips, wrap turns, backarounds, and weaves
- Your heeling skills will improve
- You will learn how to read Rally Free & Cyber Rally-o maps
- Studies show dance helps improve the handler’s brain function
- A fun way to train with your dog!
- Team should have a basic understanding of Attention Heeling, Sit, Down & be able to be in a small space with other dogs nearby
- Teams who have taken any heeling course should be able to enjoy this class – but you will be required to teach your dog to heel on both your left and right
- Handler must have a desire to be challenged and a sense of humor 🙂
Here is a video of a Cyber Rally-o Dance routine:
Here is a video of our annual Holiday project. This routine isn’t perfect, but not bad for an hour’s practice!