Navigating this course does not involve speed but rather the ability to perform challenging obstacles through teamwork.
Exercises include jumps, hoops, mini-tunnels, the step bridge, ladder, cavalettis, mat games, turn the light on, bang-it board, ride the scooter, retrieve, and more! This division tests your dog’s proprioception and obedience skills.
A favorite of both dog and handler – and a Great Pre-Agility class!
- Improves basic obedience skills – sit, down, stay, come
- Helps your dog learn to ignore distractions and stay attentive to you
- Teaches proprioception – which improves your dogs balance and understanding of their body in space
- Teaches tricks & skills that come in handy during “regular” life
- Builds your dog’s confidence
- Teaches impulse control
- Teaches your dog to work at a distance from you
- Team should have a basic understanding of Attention Heeling, Sit, Down & be able to be in a small space with other dogs nearby
- Teams who have taken the Beginner Dog Training class should be ready for this class
Here is a video of a 6 month old puppy competing in Obstacle Skills…. She is working hard to stay focused!