About Carolyn Ross
My Dogs, My Teachers
All my life, I have been blessed to live with dogs. They have been constant friends who have provided me with countless hours of entertainment and companionship. I have had some wonderful dogs who always just seemed to understand what was needed or expected of them, and I have had dogs who have presented major challenges to living peaceably with humans and other pets. All of them have helped me to better understand what it is like for a dog living in a human culture. They have taught me patience, empathy, and humility. They have taught me to better communicate and to lead with kindness. Through their examples, I have learned to appreciate the simple things in life and to live in the present. For this, I will always be grateful.
My passion for dogs has led me to become:
- A Professional Certified Dog Trainer
- A Certified Tellington TTouch Practioner
- A Certified Third Way Trainer
- A Certified Master Wag It Games Instructor & Judge
- A fully Certified WCRL Rally-O Judge
- An agility addict
- A Rally-O addict
- A Wag It Games Addict
- A student of the new sport of Rally-FrEe
- I also love to do anything outdoors with my dogs. It is imperative all my dogs have solid off-leash skills because we love hiking, biking, swimming, x-county skiing, and snow-showing together.
- I am also a Professional Member of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers, an organization that promotes positive reinforcement methods
Each dog is a special gift that teaches me something new. I love to learn new techniques, experiment with my dogs, and then share those techniques with friends and students.
I would love to be YOUR dog training coach too!